Foods to Boost our Immune System and help reduce Inflammation in the Body
Through our Body N Balance™ program we are helping people learn and adopt a healthy lifestyle, a lifestyle emphasizing the importance of seeing food as medicine and the first place to start when you want to improve your health and/or achieve a healthy body weight. As a matter of fact, the dietary approach we teach during and after the Body N Balance™ program is extremely anti-inflammatory and supportive to helping the body cycle into and out of a ketogenic state to help with fat-burning and autophagy.
Unfortunately, most people in our country are consuming what is now called the SAD (Standard American Diet) diet here in the US. And this SAD diet is loaded with processed foods from which approximately 70% of the calories consumed are what many in the natural health world call ‘Dietary Crack’ due to the extremely addictive nature of and illness promoting factors caused by these highly processed “food like substances” that are manipulated by chemists and can create all sorts of potential chronic health and/or disease conditions!
And these highly addictive food like substances will no doubt ‘dumb’ down our immune system making us more susceptible to viral and bacterial infections BUT they will also contribute to substantial inflammation in the body….and we know that chronic low grade inflammation in the body is the primary driver of all chronic health issues we see in many American’s today…..like heart disease, cancer, diabetes, obesity and alzheimer’s disease just to name a few.
As a matter of fact, there is a term called ‘Inflammaging’ that has been used over the last decade plus that refers specifically to the disease and aging process as it relates to chronic low-grade inflammation in the body, here is the definition from Wikipedia:
Inflamm-aging (also known as inflammaging or inflamm-ageing) is a chronic low-grade inflammation that develops with advanced age. It is believed to accelerate the process of biological aging and to worsen many age-related diseases.
And as you can probably guess, my personal opinion isn’t to take NSAIDs, daily aspirin, statin drugs, etc….to address this ‘Inflammaging’ issue. These are just more synthetic chemicals that were created in a laboratory that have no nutritional value whatsoever to our body and often times just contribute to more imbalances and potential unwanted side effects!
Instead, we should look at real foods, whole food, live source supplementation (no toxic tag alongs) and other natural regenerative and restorative products and services that will work with our bodies to restore function and improve health on a cellular level in an effort to reverse our biologic and metabolic ages, and thus contributing to an incredible quality of life! At least that’s my opinion and what I choose to do for my own health and well-being!
Anyway, as usual, please reach out if you have any specific questions regarding you or your family’s health goals….I and our Team would love to help you be the best you that you can possibly be!
Here are some ideas for Immune Boosting and Anti-Inflammatory Foods – and keep an eye out for our weekly emailed recipes, all designed to support your health and well-being! Healthy food really can be tasty….and you’re body will love you for it as well!
BTW, make sure to check out the link below to the Barukas Nuts website….I recently found out about this amazing nutrient dense superfood and wanted to share with you!
Here are some foods for Immune Boosting and to help combat Inflammation
- Filtered Water (I thought this was a good place to start since so many people we see are dehydrated, which BTW, is more often than not associated with mineral deficiency issues. I don’t recommend drinking tap water due to the chemicals – like fluoride and chlorine – that many municipalities add to their water. Here is the in home filtration system I have in my home – https://water-revolution.com/ – ask for Kirk Phinney if you call them and tell them you are a client of Dr. Cadwell’s – he is super knowledgeable about water and a great guy!)
- Brussel Sprouts
- Red Bell Peppers
- Butternut Squash
- Sweet Potatoes
- Citrus Fruits – here are some popular ones
- Fermented Foods (sauerkraut, kimchi, kombucha pickles, Brusselkruat, miso, etc)
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Barucas Nuts ( check em out…and watch the video at this link https://barukas.com/ )
- Sunflower Seeds
- Brazillian Tree Nuts
- Cashew Nuts
- Green Tea
- Ginseng Tea
- Ginger Tea
- Anise Tea
- Raw Honey (get locally if possible for added benefits)
- Chicken Noodle Soup with Bone Broth (make sure to make with organic bone broth and free range, no hormone, no antibiotic chicken or turkey)
- Shellfish – due to the high concentration of zinc – which is vital to our immune systems function – those high in zinc would be:
- Greek Yogurt (stay away from yogurt with artificial sweetners and/or added sugars – you can naturally sweeten your ‘good’ yogurt with stevia, monk fruit or local honey)
- Coconut Oil
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Red Palm Oil
- Grass Fed Butter
- Wild Salmon
- Tuna (look for responsibly fished and low mercury load potential)
- Free Range Chicken Eggs
- Dark Chocolate (70% or greater)
Make It A Healthy Day!!
P.S. Can’t make it to the office – Good News! We can Drop Ship directly to your home if you’d like to order any of our Immune and/or Health promoting products. Just call the office at 720-795-7920, tell us what you want and we’ll get it sent out ASAP!!
P.S.S As always, if you have any questions on good, whole food, live source supplementation without added excipients or toxic tag-a-longs to boost your immune system or improve your health and wellness then please call! We are happy to help and I’m happy to connect with you via phone or online consult to discuss your specific needs and or health questions!