What is Arthritis?
According to Arthritis.org, “Arthritis isn’t a single disease; the term refers to joint pain or joint disease, and there are more than 100 types of arthritis and related conditions. People of all ages, races and sexes live with arthritis, and it is the leading cause of disability in the U.S. It’s most common among women, and although it’s not a disease of aging, some types of arthritis occur in older people more than younger people.”
The Mayo Clinic states, “Arthritis is the swelling and tenderness of one or more joints. The main symptoms of arthritis are joint pain and stiffness, which typically worsen with age. The most common types of arthritis are osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.”
Simply put, Arthritis pain of any kind can be extremely debilitating, severely impact your quality of life and keep you from working or enjoying time with family and friends.
If you suffer from occasional or chronic arthritis pain and you’re looking for a non-surgical, non-drug solution instead of the traditionally prescribed anti-inflammatories, steroid injections, addictive pain drugs or invasive surgical procedures then look no further. At our Arvada Genesis Medical location we’re dedicated to offering wholistic, non-surgical care to help you resolve your arthritis pain without steroids, dangerous drugs or surgeries. Our pain relief and solution-based procedures can get you back on your feet and enjoying life again. Call to set up a no obligation consult to see if you qualify for our non-drug, non-surgical arthritis pain solution protocols.
Types of Arthritis:
- Osteoarthritis (OA) – ‘Osteo’ meaning bone, ‘arthro’ meaning joint and ‘itis’ meaning inflammation – bone and joint inflammation. OA is by far the most common type of arthritis people suffer from. This form of arthritis can damage almost any joint in the body; however, it most often occurs in the knees, spinal joints, hands and hip joints. For years we thought that OA was a condition that only affected the cartilage of the joints but we now know that OA is a condition that affects the entire joint, not just cartilage in the joint. It is now clear that in addition to cartilage damage, the bones in affected joints become weaker, connective tissues that bind the joint together decay & deteriorate and chronic inflammation damages the joint lining. Some of the pre-disposing factors to the development of OA are:
- Previous joint injuries, such as a torn ACL or fracture
- Repetitive stress damage or trauma from physically demanding jobs or activities, such as construction, farming and athletics.
- Also, lifestyle choices play a big role in the development of OA, including excess body weight, minimal exercise and poor diet
- Autoimmune Inflammatory Arthritis – a person with an autoimmune inflammatory arthritis condition is experiencing dysfunction in their immune system. In other words, the immune system is overactive, attacking the body’s healthy tissues, including knee joints, spinal joints and joints in the hands and feet. Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) is the most common autoimmune arthritis with Psoriatic Arthritis in 2nd.
- Metabolic Arthritis (Gout) – As the name states, this is a metabolic condition that creates joint pain, most frequently in the big toe, as a result of buildup in the joints of uric acid crystals. These uric acid crystals are a byproduct of the breakdown of purines from certain foods, especially red meat, red wines, organ meats and some seafoods. Most people’s body’s can properly eliminate the excess uric acid, but when it doesn’t, these crystals can accumulate in the joints and create relatively sudden and intense bouts of joint pain.
- Infectious Arthritis – This type of arthritis, as the name implies, is a form of arthritis that is triggered by a bacterial, viral or fungal infection. In these types of cases, the cause is most often from an infection that started in another part of the body and has traveled to a joint, most commonly, the knee joint. The symptoms from an infectious arthritis can be sudden and painful resulting in swelling, pain and fever.
How Is Arthritis Diagnosed?
Many people come to our office with an arthritis diagnosis in hand after months and sometimes years of pain and the progression of their condition. They’re frequently tired of just managing the pain and are looking for a non-drug, non-surgical regenerative type approach to their arthritis joint pain. That said, the most common way to evaluate and diagnose the severity of arthritis related pain and joint decay is to take an X-Ray, which we can do in our office. In some cases, blood work may also be helpful in determining a treatment plan to help those with autoimmune or metabolic types of arthritis pain.
What Might Treatment for Arthritis Pain Look Like at Genesis?
First and foremost, again, our approach is 100% designed to KEEP YOU OUT OF THE SURGICAL ROOM and avoid the potentially harmful effects of long-term pharmaceutical and OTC drug use for arthritis pain.
And so, once a comprehensive evaluation and diagnosis has been made and we’ve determined that the individual is a candidate for our treatments, the Genesis Medical clinical team will then collaborate to determine the best plan of care for each individual case.
There are a large variety of arthritis pain solutions we offer, many of which can work together to help painful, arthritic joints and the tissues around the joint to truly heal and repair. Here are some of the regenerative and non-surgical treatment options that may be considered based on a specific case need for a person’s arthritis joint pain:
- Customized, computer-generated full-length foot orthotics to correct foot biomechanics and create balance to the affected ankle, knee, hip, pelvic and spinal joints.
- Non-Surgical Spinal Decompression Therapy to gently open and lubricate the arthritic spinal joints and discs
- Proprietary Arthritis Pain Rehabilitation Program to promote muscle strength and arthritic joint stability
- Targeted Ultrasonic Sound Wave Therapy to break down scar tissue and stimulate repair of injured and/or arthritic joint tissues
- Specific Chiropractic Care to improve overall biomechanics, balance and joint function.
- Prescription Grade Bracing to decrease stress on the area of arthritic joint damage and decay.
- Pain relieving TP Injections targeted at the pain producing tissues surrounding the arthritic joint.
- Concentrated Plasma Injections to direct repair and regeneration of arthritic joint tissues
- Concentrated Amniotic Injections to direct repair and regeneration of arthritic joint tissues
- Concentrated Cellular Injections to direct repair and regeneration of arthritic joint tissues
- IV Nutraceutical Therapy to support nutritional needs of the arthritic joints and tissues to repair and regenerate
- Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy to re-balance endocrine system dysfunction, decrease inflammation and increase lean muscle mass and strength around the arthritic joint thereby improving joint stability.
- Bio-Identical Peptide therapies to reduce inflammation and stimulate repair of arthritic joint tissues
- Highly absorbable, pharmaceutical grade nutritional supplementation to support the arthritic joints nutrition needs for repair and regeneration
- Body N Balance Wellness & Weight Loss Program™ – an extremely powerful customized plan utilizing resonant frequency technology to specifically support the individuals healing and health restoring needs related to degenerative arthritic conditions.
- In addition, we’re always investigating ‘cutting edge treatments’ to add and ultimately offer at Genesis. So don’t be surprised if we suggest something not seen in the above list. It just means we ‘Got Your Back’ and we’re always on the hunt to improve the care we provide our wonderful patients!
If you’re ready to step into the future of Arthritis Pain Repair and Regeneration simply click on the button below or call us directly at 720-795-7920 and tell whoever answers that you would like to set up an initial visit to see if you qualify for our Customized Non-Drug, Non-Surgical Arthritis Pain Relief Program