The Team at Genesis Anti-Aging & Regenerative Medicine understands how debilitating and life altering chronic knee pain can be.
If you’re suffering from painful, creaky, snapping or achy knees – it’s common to think of it as “just something that comes with advancing age”, it’s only a bit of “wear and tear” or “it’s not really that bad and it’ll go away on its own”.
Many try stretching, resting, heat, ice, pharmaceutical or OTC drugs, steroid injections or maybe even just pushing through it – but it just doesn’t seem to get any better!
If that sounds like you, then know, you’re not alone – our specialists here at Genesis Medical hear this type of thing all the time. In fact, Knee Pain is one of THE most common problems that we see in our Arvada/Metro Denver regenerative medicine pain relief clinic.
When presented with invasive and expensive options, such as a total knee replacement surgery and/or the continual use of anti-inflammatory or pain medications many people begin to feel like there are no good, nor long-term solutions for their knee pain relief.
What is Knee Pain?
As one of the strongest and most complex joints in your body, your knees can handle a considerable amount of physical stress, strain, and everyday wear and tear.
Not only do our knees hold our full body weight every time we take a step, but they also support 5x greater load every time we jog, jump or even go up & down stairs.
Our integrated clinical team at Genesis Medical are known for providing long-term results by identifying and customizing a treatment plan geared toward the root cause of an individual’s knee pain, and then implementing along with the individual that game plan so together we can successfully resolve the cause of the knee pain.
And no matter what the cause, whether from a recent accident, or from a new injury or old injury from years ago, all dysfunction of the knee can lead to increased friction which creates continual wear-and-tear on the knee joint(s). This causes inflammation, swelling and knee joint osteoarthritis which can create more damage and more knee pain.
And so, our clinical team’s first step is to pinpoint the cause or causes of why your knee pain is occurring by doing a comprehensive evaluation of your knee and its current function. They can then help you to understand exactly what has happened to create your knee pain, the degree of damage done and your best options to resolve and/or repair the problem.
Why Risk Knee Surgery?
Why put yourself through any type of surgery if it can be avoided? Total Knee replacement surgery can be an extremely expensive procedure. Reports show us that the total cost of this procedure can vary with the hospital, physician and demographic region of the country. Major insurance companies including Medicare may cover part of or all of a total knee replacement surgery and according to the published statistics, the average cost of a knee replacement exceeds $45,000!
At Genesis Medical our regenerative knee pain relief experts specialize in the treatment of chronic knee pain and osteoarthritis by providing an innovative, custominzed non-surgical knee pain relief program that can not only relieve your pain but more importantly, focus on restoring joint function, repair and biomechanics of the knee joints.
Click here to see if you are a candidate for our Customized Non-Surgical Genesis Knee Renewal Program
Common Causes of Knee Pain That May Be Affecting You
There are numerous causes of knee pain and so it’s imperative that an appropriate evaluation and necessary diagnostics are performed in order to determine an accurate diagnosis and ensure you receive the most effective therapy and/or treatment for your knee pain condition.
Two types of Knee Pain: Acute Pain versus Chronic Pain?
On any given day, especially if you’re active, your knees are constantly under stress as you move forward, backward and side to side or as you stop, turn, rotate, and jump. Any of these movements could cause an acute or sudden injury. And acute injuries, when not addressed correctly, can turn into Chronic Knee Pain conditions. In addition, functional deficits related to the musculoskeletal system, specifically the feet, muscles of the lower extremities, pelvic misalignments and low back problems can all also lead to a chronic knee pain situation.
- The most common knee injuries that contribute to knee pain are:
- Degeneration (Osteoarthritis)
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) sprain or tear
- Fractures (Patellar, Tibial plateau, Femoral Condyles)
- Torn Meniscus
- Medial Collateral Ligament sprain or tear
- Lateral Collateral Ligament sprain or tear
- Posterior Cruciate Ligament sprain or tear
- Patellar Tendonitis
Let’s take a look at each of these.
Degeneration: this is also called Arthritis/Osteoarthritis. A condition that occurs over time from an injury that was never properly taken care of (or) from wear-and-tear associated with poor foot mechanics and/or other functional deficits mentioned above. Osteoarthritis can cause a lot of knee pain as your joint decays and dry’s out like a sponge in the hot sun. This affects the lubrication of your knee joints and your cartilage progressively breaks down creating pain from chronic inflammation and tissue damage.
At Genesis Medical we call this ‘Creaky Knee Syndrome’ and our integrated clinical team pride themselves on being the experts in Arvada and Metro Denver in treating and resolving pain related to this knee pain condition.
Ligament Tears/Sprains – ligaments attach bones to bones and therefore when a significant sprain or tear occurs it can cause significant joint instability.
Medial Collateral Ligament sprain/tear (MCL) – MCL is a ligament sprain or tear on the inside of the knee caused due to twisting motion or direct medial or lateral impact.
Anterior Cruciate Ligament sprain/tear (ACL) – A rapid change in direction or an improper landing on a jump may cause ACL sprains or tears. This is the most common knee ligament injured in athletes – ranging from weekend warriors to professionals.
Posterior Cruciate Ligament sprain/tear (PCL) – A significant blow to the front of the knee while the knee is bent may cause PCL sprains or tears. This ligament injury can be common in motor vehicle accidents.
Fractures – A significant blow to the knee can certainly cause a fracture but fractures can also be ‘micro’ in nature from overuse scenarios and even nutritional deficits.
Meniscal (Cartilage) Tears – Damage to the meniscus, which works like a cushion in the knee joint, is often caused when participating in contact sports; however, if you have poor foot biomechanics that aren’t addressed (pronation or supination issues) then this can create biomechanical ‘wear and tear’ problems that negatively affect function of the knee joint and wear out the meniscus leading to arthritis or a chronic overuse type injury, which is why we always consider the feet in any evaluation related to knee pain.
Bursitis – This is a chronic condition where the bursa that provide cushioning to your knees can fill with fluid and become swollen causing daily and sometimes intense knee pain. The bursa can also be damaged from trauma associated with a fall or from excessive kneeling.
Patellar Tendonitis – Tendonitis is an overuse injury that occurs from chronic irritation leading to chronic inflammation. “Patellar tendonitis” is the most common knee tendonitis. The knee pain with this condition is typically below the ‘knee cap” along the front of your knee.
Here is a quick quiz to see if you might be affected by an acute or chronic knee injury:
- You’ve noticed an annoying “ache” or “sharp” pain in your knee(s) for more than a week.
- You ‘feel’ or ‘hear’ cracking noises in your knee(s) when you bend or extend them
- You have severe pain in your knee(s) that limits your walking, squatting, or ability to go up or down stairs.
- You have pain that affects your ability to pedal your bike and/or ride as intensively as you’d like to
- Your knee pain limits your running distance, speed and performance.
- Your knee pain stops you from performing at the highest level in your sport or activities.
- You have pain that negatively impacts the quality of your sleep.
- You value the enjoyment of exercise and dislike the idea of being at “rest” but are unable to exercise because of the discomfort in your knee(s)
- You have daily aches and or pains in your knee(s) but would rather not take pain medication or have cortisone injections.
What Are Common Symptoms That Knee Pain Injuries Can Cause?
Knee pain symptoms can vary in type and severity. Some of the common symptoms that benefit from an evaluation with our clinical team at Genesis include:
- Sore and/or achey knee joints after activities or overuse
- Knee Pain while bending or extending your knee
- Knee stiffness in the mornings or after you’ve been sitting and go to a standing position
- Knee Pain during and after a hike or walk
- Knee Pain when getting up from a chair or using stairs
- Knee Joint pain during or after exercise
- Grinding, grating, cracking or catching when you flex your knee
- Knee pain in the evenings after your typical day of normal activity
- Deterioration, imbalance or loss of coordination due to stiffness and pain in knees
- Weakened muscles in your low back, pelvis/hips and legs
- Chronic Knee Pain that requires weekly use of an OTC or Pharmaceutical drug to manage symptoms
- Knee pain after hitting golf balls, riding your bike or driving in the car
Our team of knee pain experts at Genesis will collaborate and work together to develop a specific plan of care, ensuring the best possible outcomes for people suffering with chronic and acute knee pain. With the primary goal of eliminating the need for long-term use of pain and anti-inflammatory medications as well as avoiding invasive knee surgeries. We call it the Customized Non-Surgical Genesis Knee Renewal Program.
What Might Treatment Look Like at Genesis?
First and foremost, again, our approach is 100% designed to KEEP YOU OUT OF THE SURGICAL ROOM and avoid the potentially harmful effects of long-term pharmaceutical and OTC drug use.
And so, once a comprehensive evaluation and diagnosis has been made and we’ve determined that the individual is a candidate for our treatments, the Genesis Medical clinical team will then collaborate to determine the best plan of care for each individual case.
There are a large variety of knee pain solutions we offer, many of which can work in combination to help painful or osteoarthritic knee joint(s) to truly heal and repair. Here are some of the regenerative and non-surgical treatment options that may be considered based on specific case need for a person’s knee pain:
- Customized, computer-generated full-length foot orthotics to correct foot biomechanics and avoid premature breakdown and wear of the knee joints
- Knee Decompression Therapy to gently open and lubricate the knee joint(s)
- Proprietary Knee Rehabilitation Program to create joint stability
- Targeted Ultrasonic Sound Wave Therapy to break down scar tissue and stimulate repair of injured knee joint tissues
- Specific Chiropractic Care for the Pelvis, Hips, Knees and Feet designed to improve overall biomechanics, balance and joint function.
- Hyaluronic Acid Injections (Viscosupplementation) to add necessary lubricant to a decaying knee joint
- Prescription Grade Unloader Knee Bracing to decrease stress on the area of injury in the knee joint
- Pain relieving TP Injections targeted at the pain producing tissues of the knee joint(s) and/or soft tissues around the knee(s)
- Concentrated Plasma Injections to direct repair and regeneration of injured knee joint tissues
- Concentrated Amniotic Injections to direct repair and regeneration of injured knee joint tissues
- Concentrated Cellular Injections to direct repair and regeneration of injured knee joint tissues
- IV Nutraceutical Therapy to support nutritional needs for injured joint tissues to repair and regenerate
- Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy to re-balance endocrine system dysfunction, decrease inflammation and increase lean muscle mass
Bio-Identical Peptide therapies to reduce inflammation and stimulate repair of injured knee joint tissues
Highly absorbable, pharmaceutical grade nutritional supplementation to support the knee joints nutrient needs for repair and regeneration
- Body N Balance Wellness & Weight Loss Program™ – an extremely powerful customized plan utilizing resonant frequency technology to specifically support the individuals healing and health restoring needs.
- In addition, we’re always investigating ‘cutting edge treatments’ to add and ultimately offer at Genesis. So don’t be surprised if we suggest something not seen in the above list. It just means we ‘Got Your Back’ and we’re always on the hunt to improve the care we provide our wonderful patients!
If you’re ready to step into the future of Knee Pain Repair and Regeneration simply click on the button below or call us directly at 720-795-7920 and tell whoever answers that you would like to set up an initial visit to see if you qualify for our Customized Non-Surgical Genesis Knee Renewal Program
Get your FREE personalized Anti-Aging Plan
Tired of watching your youth slip away? Take this 4-minute quiz to reveal your perfect path back to energy, vitality and confidence.