Low Back Pain
Lower back pain is a frequent symptom for many people in America and one of the most common health problems a person seeks care from a doctor’s office. And for many people lower back pain manifests as extreme discomfort which leads to repeated episodes that progressively become severe and more physically limiting over time.
Whether it’s a dull ache, a sharp pain, a stabbing pain or severe muscle spasms, lower back pain issues can be life changing, and not for the better, to say the least. In addition to being one of the most common reasons for Doctor related visits, Lower Back Pain is also one of the most common reasons that people miss work. Some of the symptoms can include:
- Difficulty standing, bending, or lifting
- Muscle aches
- Shooting or stabbing pain
- Muscle Spasm
- Pain in the buttock, leg or foot
Of course, not all cases of back pain are the same. There may be multiple causes and/or pain generators involved. For example, if a disc slips in the lower back, it can ‘pinch’ the spinal cord or nerve roots, you could have dysfunction of the sacro-iliac joints, there may be an issue with the facet joints, a muscle strain from a new or old injury from playing sports, exercising, or a fall.
Finally, lower back pain may also come from medical conditions like arthritis, scoliosis, spinal stenosis, piriformis syndrome or sciatica to name a few.
The only way to know what the cause of low back pain is as well as what the most appropriate treatment would be is to have a comprehensive low back pain evaluation performed, including any necessary diagnostics, such as x-rays, MRI, Diagnostic Ultrasound, etc.
The reality is, Lower Back Pain of any kind can be extremely debilitating, severely impact your quality of life and keep you from working or enjoying time with loved ones and friends.
If you suffer from occasional or chronic low back pain and you’re looking for a non-surgical, non-drug solution instead of the traditionally prescribed and/or OTC anti-inflammatories, addictive pain drugs or invasive surgical procedures then look no further. At our Arvada Genesis Medical location we’re dedicated to offering wholistic, non-surgical care to help you resolve your low back pain without dangerous drugs or surgeries. Our pain relief and solution-based procedures and protocols can get you back on your feet and enjoying life again. Simply call and set up a no obligation consult to see if you qualify for any of our non-surgical low back pain solution therapies and/or protocols.
What Causes Lower Back Pain?
The data tells us that more than 90 percent of people will experience low back pain in their lives. And for many, due to improper treatment or no treatment at all, their low back pain becomes chronic and debilitating. For many of these individuals that do seek treatment, unfortunately, most are initially prescribed pharmaceutical or OTC drugs to just manage their symptoms. This symptom only approach with drugs often leads to chronic low back pain causing them to take more drastic measures like invasive surgeries or more and more potentially dangerous drugs. It doesn’t have to be this way! At Genesis Medical, our Integrated Clinical Team will leave no stone unturned in an effort to help you understand the ‘cause’ of your low back pain and the non-surgical and solution-based options available for your specific condition.
There are many causes of lower back pain, most of which involve a recent or past musculoskeletal injury related to work tasks, sports injuries, poor posture, car accidents & overuse syndromes to name a few. And once an injury occurs it can progress to decay, degeneration and breakdown of the bone, spinal disc and surrounding soft tissues of the lower back spinal joints, leading to instability and pain. As the injury and instability worsen over time the low back pain can progress to nerve pain that radiates into the buttock, legs and feet.
Here are some other causes of low back pain:
- Anatomic Leg Length Inequality
- Poor Foot Biomechanics (Pronation or Supination)
- Compensatory Knee Pain
- Car Accidents
- Bike Accidents
- Sports Injuries
- Bulging, Ruptured or Herniated Discs
- Muscle Weakness
- Poor Posture
- IVF Stenosis (narrowing of the nerve root canal)
- Slips and Falls
- Scoliosis (curved spine)
- Osteoporosis (brittle bones)
- Degenerative disc disease
- Spinal stenosis (narrowing of the spinal canal)
- Osteophytes (bone spurs)
And just to clarify, degenerative conditions like osteoarthritis and osteoporosis can cause chronic back pain but, acute injuries of the spinal joints and muscles can also lead to the progression and development of chronic pain if left untreated.
When To Seek Care for Low Back Pain?
If you’re dealing with low back pain we always suggest you seek immediate treatment. Getting a comprehensive evaluation to identify the cause of the lower back pain will give you clarity on treatment options and best clinical practices for your specific situation.
At Genesis Medical, we’ll first perform a thorough history and comprehensive examination to determine if you’re a candidate for care. If we identify the cause of your lower back pain and determine our treatments are appropriate, we’ll then develop an individualized treatment plan focused on eliminating your low back pain as quickly as possible and moving you toward your specific health goals.
Again, while it’s never too late to address your low back pain, the earlier you address treating the cause of it the more likely you’ll avoid a chronic low back pain situation that will significantly affect your quality of life later, so, it’s always better to take action now, rather than to wait.
What Might Treatment for Low Back Pain Look Like at Genesis?
First and foremost, our approach is 100% designed to KEEP YOU OUT OF THE SURGICAL ROOM and avoid the potentially harmful effects of long-term pharmaceutical and OTC drug use for your low back pain.
And so, once a comprehensive evaluation and diagnosis has been made and we’ve determined that the individual is a candidate for our treatments, the Genesis Medical clinical team will then collaborate to determine the best plan of care for each individual low back pain case.
There are a large variety of low back pain solutions we offer, many of which may work together to help painful or osteoarthritic lower back spinal joints and muscles to truly heal and repair. Here are some of the regenerative and non-surgical treatment options that may be considered based on a specific case need for a person’s low back pain:
- Customized, computer-generated full-length foot orthotics to correct foot biomechanics and avoid premature breakdown and wear of the pelvic, hip and lower back spinal joints
- Customized Heel Lift for Anatomic Leg Length Inequalities
- Non-Surgical Spinal Decompression Therapy to gently open and lubricate the spinal joints and discs in the low back.
- Proprietary Lower Back Pain Rehabilitation Program to promote muscle strength and low back spinal joint stability
- Targeted Ultrasonic Sound Wave Therapy to break down scar tissue and stimulate repair of injured spine and muscle joint tissues
- Specific Chiropractic Care for the Low Back, Pelvis, Hips, Knees and Feet designed to improve overall biomechanics, balance and joint function.
- Prescription Grade LSO Bracing to decrease stress on the area of injury in the lower back and/or pelvic region.
- Pain relieving TP Injections targeted at the pain producing muscle tissues and/or joints.
- Concentrated Plasma Injections to direct repair and regeneration of injured muscle and joint tissues
- Concentrated Amniotic Injections to direct repair and regeneration of injured muscle and joint tissues
- Concentrated Cellular Injections to direct repair and regeneration of injured muscle and joint tissues
- IV Nutraceutical Therapy to support nutritional needs for injured joint and muscle tissues to repair and regenerate
- Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy to re-balance endocrine system dysfunction, decrease inflammation and increase lean muscle mass and strength
- Bio-Identical Peptide therapies to reduce inflammation and stimulate repair of injured muscle and joint tissues
- Highly absorbable, pharmaceutical grade nutritional supplementation to support the spinal muscles and joints nutrition needs for repair and regeneration
- Body N Balance Wellness & Weight Loss Program™ – an extremely powerful customized plan utilizing resonant frequency technology to specifically support the individuals healing and health restoring needs.
- In addition, we’re always investigating ‘cutting edge treatments’ to add and ultimately offer at Genesis. So don’t be surprised if we suggest something not seen in the above list. It just means we ‘Got Your Back’ and we’re always on the hunt to improve the care we provide our wonderful patients!
If you’re ready to step into the future of Low Back Pain Repair and Regeneration simply click on the button below or call us directly at 720-795-7920 and tell whoever answers that you would like to set up an initial visit to see if you qualify for our Customized Non-Surgical Low Back Pain Relief Program