June is Men’s Health Month and although every month should be about both Men’s and Women’s Health, we’ll reflect on the well-being of the men in your life; and quite possibly your own health as a Man!
Consider A Few Men’s Health Stats:
- 13.2% of U.S. Men 18 years and over are in poor health.
- 40% of U.S. Men 20 years and over are obese.
- 52% of U.S. Men 20 years and over are diagnosed with High Blood Pressure (hypertension) and/or are taking some form of antihypertensive medication.
- Low Testosterone levels in men is linked to elevations of LDL cholesterol and a decline in HDL cholesterol as well as depression and anxiety.
- Men have fewer infection-fighting and immune boosting T-cells and are thought to have weaker immune systems than women, which only worsens with age from a process called Immunosenescence (age related deterioration of the immune system) – but there are strategies to boost your immune system!
Call us at 720-795-7920 to set up your no obligation phone or in-office consult so we can answer your questions and determine if what we do aligns with your personal health objectives!